Saturday, May 11, 2013

11 of 31 - A Post a Day in May

Found film!

I recently moved into a new (to me) house. While packing the old house I found a couple rolls of film among the dust bunnies. I recently started developing the backlog of film since moving (29 rolls at last count) and one of those found rolls was developed. It's so fun to develop found film because while hanging it to dry I am looking at it like a stranger thinking "What IS this?" until the realization rushes over me and I get excited.

In this case we had a roll from last summer. Kids of Steel Triathalon at Bowring Park. I took a bunch of instagram photos but forgot about the few frames of film. It was in the car for over a year and it looks like the heat/cold/freeze/heat of a car interior has had an affect. Extra grain for everyone!

My little guy was 5. He was so far behind that when he finished he was all alone. He thought this meant he was first. He was so excited to win the triathlon that we let him believe it.



No comments: