Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Family Christmas Gift

I often mention the wonderful idea of photos as gifts. I practice what I preach and thought I'd share the gift that I gave this Christmas (modern family means this was multiple large framed prints) It's my kids and my brothers baby - all the grandkids and great grandkids! Depending on the house and wall sizes I made either 11x14 or 8x10 fibre prints, presented professionally matted and framed. There were some happy grandparents and great grandparents who had no idea I had taken this one summer day.

(Remember if you give a gift of a photo you must frame it - or else you are giving them a chore to do and a source of conflict and/or guilt whenever you notice they have net framed it or hung it up! Give it framed and include a nail, it's much more thoughtful that way.)

I don't gift large photo prints of my kids every year - that would get to be too much - but every few years its's photos photos photos. This year I also bought and framed for my husband some smaller photos of us taken by Ben J King at my cousins wedding and photos  Kyle Callahan took of him in a Muay Thai bout at our gym 8 Limb Muay Thai. All those photos were previously seen on Facebook but Facebook is fleeting. It's so much more meaningful to have a print on display in real life. The photo on the shelf or wall will be there in a year and 10 and 50 years. Would Facebook exist then?

Next birthday or anniversary or Christmas - give photos. It's awesome.



Bronica etrsi + Tri-x

No comments: