Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Christmas Gifts

After many years of trying to decide what to gift people for Christmas, I have had a revelation . . . Photographs! I have made the radical decision to gift everyone photos this year. Free sessions for brothers and girlfriends, framed beauties of the kids for the grandparents . . .

I know this may seem like an obvious direction, but for some reason I always thought it was maybe selfish or lazy or narcissistic to gift my own work. Instead I opted for random knickknacks, books and other peoples art.

Somewhere between last year and this year it occurred to me that if I had a friend or a sister or a daughter that created . . . anything . . . I would want a little of that to open for myself.

Now I only have to consider my kids . . . who are about the only ones that would not want more photos . . .

Here is a sampling of the gifts that the oldest of my baby brothers and my sis-in-law will see . . . taken up at Signal Hill of course . . .




No comments: