Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Latest Cameras

So I am a mega fan of the White Stripes. I am also a mega fan of the Holga camera. So imagine my delight when the White Stripes put out a limited edition Holga! I had to have one and indeed did get one for myself (from the family *wink* ) for Christmas. They put out two cameras actually: The *Jack* Holga with a fisheye lens (which is what I knew I would get under my tree) and they also put out a *Meg* Diana+ camera with ringflash which is another plastic fantastic camera that I was surprised to find also for me Christmas morning. I am a lucky gal. In fact there was only 3000 produced and I have two . . . lucky indeed.

So here are some test shots from those first few rolls.

First the Diana . . . images sort of hazy . . . dream-like . . . like vaseline on a holga lens . . . I have to take it outside and see how it treats the corners in the bright daylight.




And the fisheye + ringflash combo for the holga . . . I took *meg's* ringflash and gave it to *jack*. It is it's own quirky look . . . amuses me . . . round image.





and for comparison sake here is a non-fisheye holga image taken the same time. I was about 4 feet further back to try and get the heads a similar size in both images for the sake of the test.

No comments: