Monday, February 18, 2008

Snowglobes!!

Winter in Newfoundland can seem to go on and on. We often search for new and interesting ways to pass the dreary days. One day I was out and about with my kids and I found a fun and quirky way to make some great winter portraits. Using my Holga (a toy camera) equipped with its fisheye lens I found the resulting winter scenes reminded me of snowglobes. What fun! Delighted with myself I sought out a few other kids and I am officially hooked.

I have decided to spend the rest of this winter offering a Snowglobe package. I want to bundle your kids up and take them out in the snow! That might mean a dive in a fresh snow bank, maybe a stroll down a wintery lane, or a simple portrait at home . . . possibilities are endless. Well not endless . . . we need snow. Luckily for this promotion we have weeks and weeks of that left.

From now until the snow ends I will be offering the following Snowglobe package: One session in the snow, the 5" proofs, and a framed 11" custom print for the total price of $500.00. This is a special price that includes the proofs (not something usually offered) and a saving on framing.

Snowglobes can also be added on to a regular session for $250. This means a session in your home, with your child’s toys and pets and family, followed by a romp in the snow outside. The 11" framed portrait and the Snowglobe proofs are included, with other enlargements a la carte.

These sessions are very limited, and will only be offered until the spaces fill up. At this time I am only booking Snowglobe sessions until the end of March . . . I am optimistic that we will run out of snow after that . . . fingers crossed!

Here are a few samples . . . check back as I scan more Snowglobe negatives in the coming days.




No comments: