Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hugh Crawford

His name was Hugh Crawford. He took a polariod photo a day for 18-ish years. Up to and including the day he died at age 41 of cancer. When I saw this link I looked quickly. Then I went back.I have looked through the photos in sequence a few times over the past few days. I'm hypnotized.

Today everyone takes pictures. Everyone takes many pictures. Most of them are nonsense and overkill. One photo a day is so much effective. The story is here and does not get tedious. Look.

You must go through from start to finish. Click quickly if you must.

http://www.photooftheday.hughcrawford.com

3 comments:

Trish Reda said...

I totally agree. I can't stop going back to it.

robynn munnings said...

thanks for sharing......I found it amazing and thought provoking:)

Anonymous said...

Hi! You're right this is amazing stuff...just wanted to make a friendly correction on his name, though...his name was Jamie Livingston. Hugh Crawford is the name of his friend, who's organized Jamie's life work into an exhibit, including the online website.

You can read a bit about it on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Livingston

Just wanted to make sure due credit is given to this incredible person...

kind regards,
a fellow fan