Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rice is Nice!

This post is a public thanks to Terry Rice ( www.terryrice.com ). He had some darkroom gear that was of no use to him and he asked me if I wanted it. I said yes, figuring that even if it was junk I might get a few bits and bobs of useful darkroom trinkets out of  it.

Well I picked it up yesterday and it is definately not junk!! 2- 4x5 enlargers, 2 Jobo processors with enough tanks and reels to get me through 2020, lightbox, film dryer etc etc. Score! This is a text book definition of *one man's junk is another (wo)mans treasure.* As a digital guy this darkroom gear was just taking up space for Terry. As a film gal this is useful equipment that will be used on a very regular basis. I've actually already used the lightbox to help go through this mornings negatives.I am thrilled.

So if you need a photographer and you don't like me (sob!) or you are getting married etc . . . call Terry!

Thank you Terry. If I ever have any old computer gear I don't need you will be my first call!!

No comments: