Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Found Film

So I was in my darkroom the other day and thought it needed a little tidying up. I wiped this and swept that and next thing I knew it was three hours later and I had the works pulled out and scrubbed and all put back together better than ever.

Deep cleaning usually leads to finding a few thought-to-be-gone-forever items. In my case I found a key chain level, a calculator, and three rolls of undeveloped film.

I was both delighted and horrified. I don't lose film. Keys, wallets, money . . . never film. I *knew* at least that it was not client film because I would have missed it. I was left scratching my head . . . what could these rolls of film be? Suddenly I remembered that I did once lose the film from my oldest daughters concert a few years ago . . . this must be it!!

I remembered that there was two rolls from that concert, so the third found roll was a mystery. A goodie bag of soon-to-be-remembered times.

I've scanned a few to document my found film journey . . .

First up my little rock-and-roller. She was taking piano/keyboarding lessons for a few years at the awesome Rock City where they teach using modern music and instead of regular recitals they put kids together in various bands and rock orchestras where they perform at a real downtown club with smoke machines and lights. She felt like a real star. This occasion they performed Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day. Her teacher (Tim Baker) was so great that when he left to pursue his bands (Hey Rosetta!) success she didn't want to take lessons anymore. Well as I look at these images I realize that she needs to get back to lessons this fall. Tim or no Tim!





The third roll of film had more music images. This time some from a Sarah Slean concert a couple of years ago. I wish I could remember the opening acts full name. First name Justin. I got a bunch of shots of him.




Then Ms. Slean herself. I was clicking away until I was swarmed by the crowd. Well *I* wasn't swarmed, rather the stage (and my excellent viewing location) was swarmed.





Last but not least a few from that same roll of my sweet little middle child. I remember this day! We were at a restaurant where the food was taking a really REALLY long time.

2 comments:

ProdigyBoy said...

The opener for Sarah Slean I believe is Justin Rutlege.

donna ramsay said...

Yes that is it! Thanks . . .