Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A post a day in May- 1of31

This Spring marks 10 years trading money for portraits. 10 years!!

I am going to use this nugget of information to launch an attempt at a Post a Day in May. 

I will use it as an attempt to catch up on scanning and updating online portfolios. I will also re-visit some favourite images from the past 10 years. I will discuss techniques and processes used in my images. I might even launch a contest or two. 


In the interest of random blog entries let me share this fantastic image that was sent to me a couple of months ago.

First a bit of history: In a prior life I was the worlds best babysitter. It was something I did for many years when my kids were very young. I spent a lot of time with this family and the two older girls were best friends with my oldest daughter until we moved back to St. John's in 2000. Just after we left they added a new sister and 6 years later I was happy to photograph their awesome sisterhood.

Fast forward and now the oldest is a budding photographer and recreated this image and sent it to me. How awesome! Surely I could not have influenced such an interest? I'll say yes.

Great job Kirsten!! Come to St. John's and I'll teach you how to use the darkroom. The door is always open (Unless it's closed - then don't open unless I call "all clear").

Check out her facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/KirstenMannPhotography?fref=ts


No comments: